Month: April 2019

LOCAL GARDEN COMPETITION 2019

Halstead  in   Bloom

LOCAL  GARDEN  COMPETITION  2019

Entries are now invited in the categories listed below.

Competition is open to all residents of Halstead

ENTRY  IS  FREE.

A £30.00 first prize and a second prize of £20.00 will be awarded in each category, certificates will also be given to each entrant.

Closing date for entry is Friday 12th July 2019 Judging will take place 20th or 21st July.

□  Front Garden
□ Back Garden

□ Patio/Container Garden

□ New/Makeover Garden

□ Allotment

□ Kitchen Garden
□ Young Person’s Garden (Under 15)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Entries are also invited for the RHS It’s Your Neighbourhood category.

No prizes in this category;   certificates will be awarded by the RHS

Complete contact details overleaf and post to :  Secretary, Halstead in Bloom,

Old Woodyard, Southey Green, Sible Hedingham, CO9 3RN

or drop it off to HALSTEAD ICING, or HALSTEAD TOWN COUNCIL

Minutes of meeting 25th April 2019

Minutes of a meeting 25th April 2019  7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing

 

 Chairman, welcomed all present and accepted apologies from those who could not attend. 

 

MINUTES of  28th March had been circulated and were adopted

NEWS:   *Perrywoods Visit.  Now confirmed for 25th September at 11am.  Party limited to 15 people, Margaret E is taking names..  *Halstead Flower Festival. Joan has plans for a Bridal display, with some potted plants and some gardening hand tools to cover the patronage of St. Dorothy.  There will be about 30 displays in St. Andrew’s Church and volunteers to marshall, serve refreshments, etc. will be welcomed.  Dates are 21st/22nd/23rd June.  Please let me know if you can help. Organisers are also look for other arrangers for displays in porches, windowsills, etc. so again, if you can assist please let me know, or speak to Helena Gee on jmgee1@hotmail.co.uk (please mention HiB). *Rivercare Conference. Joan and Margaret E who attended from HiB and Margaret T who joined Eileen Penn as Rivercare Halstead all enjoyed the day and thought it a worthwhile event at the lovely venue of Rutland Water.  *Living Sculptures. Anglia in Bloom has been contacted by a TV company who are planning a programme giving couples and pairs the opportunity to create amazing living sculptures and incredible works of art using flowers and plants.  If you are interested please contact livingsculptures@shiver.tv – please mention Halstead in Bloom. Cut off date is 31st May.  *Green Plan It RHS is looking for volunteers to mentor small teams of 12-14 year old students through Green Plan It 2019- to design a garden for their school/community. They are also looking for assessors for the programme.  Please visit schoolgardening/rhs/org/uk/greenplanit for more information. *Cake Stall. Margaret thanked all who contributed cakes and items to sell at the stall, which was very successful.  Amount taken for cakes was £121.40, goods raised £20.50 and donations amounted to £34.55 giving a total of £176.45 raised in all.  Well done everyone! *Daniel Robinson & Sons have offered the HiB team a tour around their new premises in High Street (site of former NatWest bank – and former Portway family home).  Sec. to arrange and circulate details. *Richard de Clare School will be holding an event on Monday 17th June to celebrate 175th anniversary of the School and they have invited a representative of HiB to attend.  Sheila G said that, as a former pupil, she would like to attend but now finds that she has a prior engagement.  If you’d like to attend as HiB representative please let me know – I have to give in names by 31st May.
EVENTS:
  **Rivercare.  Next event is Sunday 5th May.  Meet 10am at Sainsbury’s Car Park. *Next Community Litter Pick. Sunday 28th April and then 26th May. ALL WELCOME.  Meet 10.30am at Sainsbury’s Car Park.  *May Fayre will take place in Halstead Public Gardens on Monday 6th May between 2pm and 4.30pm.  HiB to attend with goods for sale and also planting sunflowers and nasturtiums.  *The Bull Hotel ‘Meet and Greet’ event on Saturday 11th May 12pm to 3pm will be attended by HiB with items to sell, display board and welcome messages! *Halstead Marathon will be 12th May.  HiB volunteers will be at posts 28-33 and should registers at Halstead Leisure Centre from 11am to be in post by 11.45.  *W.I. Coach Trip to Suffolk Show is planned for 29th May leaving Butler Rd. Car Park at 8am. Cost £38 p.p. including transport and entry. Ring 01787 582600 if you are interested in attending.  *Ridgewell Church Graffiti a tour of the church and viewing and explaining of this medieval artwork will take place on 15th June, 2.30pm.  Cost will be £5 including refreshments; proceeds for Church funds. If you are interested in this fascinating insight into the words and symbols found at the Church please email Elizabeth.crofts@outlook.com or ring 07484 826128 to book a place. *Ridgewell village hall also has a coffee afternoon on the last Friday of each month to get villagers and visitors together. Coffee and Cake £2.00. *Plant Stall. booked for Friday 24th May.  Some plants being grown on but donations will be welcomed from 8.30am at Halstead Market. Stall manning as follows:  9-10 Joan and Carol; 10-11 Christine and Jenny; 11-12 Sheila and Joyce; 12-1 – Ian and David.  There will possibly be further sale if surplus of plants!  *HiB Quiz for 2019.  Friday 18th October.  *Collecting/Planting  will be 1st and 2nd June. *Open Garden. Have been told since the meeting that Emma and Rick Rengasamy will be opening their garden at Sandy Lodge, Howe Chase under the Yellow Book scheme on 12th May and 22nd September this year.  The gardens have won prizes in our Local Garden Competition and last year the open gardens event raised over £800 for charity.  All are welcome, small dogs on leads, and there will be refreshements on offer.

LOCAL  GARDEN  COMPETITON.  Posters will be placed on Town notice boards and entry forms are available from Halstead TC Office and Halstead Icing.  50 Certificates of Merit have been printed, and team have taken some to give to deserving Front Gardens (with an entry form).  All past judges have agreed to take part this year, for which we are grateful.  Some posters/entry forms are available, contact me if required.

ANGLIA  IN  BLOOM’19.        *New Sheltered/Care Home category. Anglia in Bloom has introduced a           RHS BRITAIN  IN  BLOOM ’19  new category this year and  Priory Hall  has entered!  This will mean that the site will have a proper judging, not at part of the town tour.. *Route Survey.  Thank you to team members who reported on sections of the route.  Meeting has taken place with BDC and areas of responsibility have been ascertained.  This will be helpful, and further discussions will take place at Partnership meeting..  *Badges. RHS Britain in Bloom judges appreciate name badges. Annie is happy to make badges/lanyards, please speak to her if you need either.  *Children’s Competition. Margaret T has several verbal entries – we await date of judging in order to finalise details.

 

WORKING  PARTIESFor all working parties meet at 2pm. on Town Bridge/Halstead Icing car park unless advised otherwiseTuesday 30th April – Deadheading.  Thursday 2nd May. Small working party at the Dr’s Surgery.  Tuesday 7th May – Road Runners’ Bed; tidy before Marathon  Thursday 9th May.  Dr’s Surgery working party.  Tuesday 14th May. Dead heading Thursday 16th May possibly at Surgery.  Tuesday 21st May possibly litter pick/weeding or begin to remove plants.  Thursday 23rd May Removal of plants/changing compost where necessary. (new compost is on order.  6 bags to be delivered to Weavers’ Court as required).

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:   *Weed Clearing Machine. was investigated and advice was taken from BDC.  It was decided that the machine would be difficult to use and other avenues will be explored. *Summer Trail.  Fiona could not attend the meeting, so this item deferred to next meeting.  *Notcutts Voucher Just a reminder that HiB has a discount voucher if required.  *David has spoken to John and Alison who will be happy to judge in the Local Garden Competition this year.  *Margaret T noted that Tim (HTC) has strimmed land opposite the Cinema and has weed killed.  Margaret and Chris both noted that there is a problem with grass verge growing over the pavement in Butler Road adjacent to land where new Community Hub will be built.  Drains in Butler Road Car Park are still blocked and solid.  Margaret also told the meeting that the new plant container at Courtaulds Sports Ground will be moved to the Bowls Club as there is fear of vandalism damage.  *Linda spoke about the troughs outside Oswick that are in poor condition.  She is also concerned that the staff there aren’t watering the plants sufficiently well.  Firm will be contacted to see the way forward.  *Joan spoke about shop at top of High Street (was formerly Tatty Broyd’s) and where the owner wants to put flower troughs outside or if not will put up some hanging baskets (new owner is a finance company).  Joan asked if there is any news on the new logo for HiB – none as yet.  Joan said that a resident of Bronze Court had approached her and Ian to ask if winter bedding could be planted in the two tubs at entrance to the Court.  Joan explained and the resident said that perhaps next year she will plant up the tubs.  Joan spoke about the ramp at Parsonage St. Allotment Site that is in poor condition (was installed by the PHAB group, not by H.T.C.) and said that judges should be taken down the steps to see the Guides’ site.  *Chris spoke about a poster for the Community Litter Pick events and will let Oliver have copy.  *Carol asked if there are any rings for litter pick bags – Joan and Margaret have one each and there is one in HiB stock.  Carol asked if all the HiB equipment could be brought to a working party so that anyone who needs to use it can take ownership.  This will be done.

 

.**********

There being no other business the meeting closed at  9.10  p.m.

Next team meeting on   Thursday 30th   2019     7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing.
All welcome

 

Contacts:  Margaret Eskins Chairman.  01787 269443

Julia Smith, Secretary. 0776 2587141 / 01787461806. e-mail jaygrey@btinternet.com
Joan Gibson, plants and working parties. 01787 473070

www.halsteadinbloom.org.uk        Facebook: halsteadinbloom.    giveasyoulive.com/join/halstead-in-bloom
join membership of National Co-op (Colchester

Minutes of a meeting 25th April 2019  7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing

 

 Chairman, welcomed all present and accepted apologies from those who could not attend. 

 

MINUTES of  28th March had been circulated and were adopted

NEWS:   *Perrywoods Visit.  Now confirmed for 25th September at 11am.  Party limited to 15 people, Margaret E is taking names..  *Halstead Flower Festival. Joan has plans for a Bridal display, with some potted plants and some gardening hand tools to cover the patronage of St. Dorothy.  There will be about 30 displays in St. Andrew’s Church and volunteers to marshall, serve refreshments, etc. will be welcomed.  Dates are 21st/22nd/23rd June.  Please let me know if you can help. Organisers are also look for other arrangers for displays in porches, windowsills, etc. so again, if you can assist please let me know, or speak to Helena Gee on jmgee1@hotmail.co.uk (please mention HiB). *Rivercare Conference. Joan and Margaret E who attended from HiB and Margaret T who joined Eileen Penn as Rivercare Halstead all enjoyed the day and thought it a worthwhile event at the lovely venue of Rutland Water.  *Living Sculptures. Anglia in Bloom has been contacted by a TV company who are planning a programme giving couples and pairs the opportunity to create amazing living sculptures and incredible works of art using flowers and plants.  If you are interested please contact livingsculptures@shiver.tv – please mention Halstead in Bloom. Cut off date is 31st May.  *Green Plan It RHS is looking for volunteers to mentor small teams of 12-14 year old students through Green Plan It 2019- to design a garden for their school/community. They are also looking for assessors for the programme.  Please visit schoolgardening/rhs/org/uk/greenplanit for more information. *Cake Stall. Margaret thanked all who contributed cakes and items to sell at the stall, which was very successful.  Amount taken for cakes was £121.40, goods raised £20.50 and donations amounted to £34.55 giving a total of £176.45 raised in all.  Well done everyone! *Daniel Robinson & Sons have offered the HiB team a tour around their new premises in High Street (site of former NatWest bank – and former Portway family home).  Sec. to arrange and circulate details. *Richard de Clare School will be holding an event on Monday 17th June to celebrate 175th anniversary of the School and they have invited a representative of HiB to attend.  Sheila G said that, as a former pupil, she would like to attend but now finds that she has a prior engagement.  If you’d like to attend as HiB representative please let me know – I have to give in names by 31st May.
EVENTS:
  **Rivercare.  Next event is Sunday 5th May.  Meet 10am at Sainsbury’s Car Park. *Next Community Litter Pick. Sunday 28th April and then 26th May. ALL WELCOME.  Meet 10.30am at Sainsbury’s Car Park.  *May Fayre will take place in Halstead Public Gardens on Monday 6th May between 2pm and 4.30pm.  HiB to attend with goods for sale and also planting sunflowers and nasturtiums.  *The Bull Hotel ‘Meet and Greet’ event on Saturday 11th May 12pm to 3pm will be attended by HiB with items to sell, display board and welcome messages! *Halstead Marathon will be 12th May.  HiB volunteers will be at posts 28-33 and should registers at Halstead Leisure Centre from 11am to be in post by 11.45.  *W.I. Coach Trip to Suffolk Show is planned for 29th May leaving Butler Rd. Car Park at 8am. Cost £38 p.p. including transport and entry. Ring 01787 582600 if you are interested in attending.  *Ridgewell Church Graffiti a tour of the church and viewing and explaining of this medieval artwork will take place on 15th June, 2.30pm.  Cost will be £5 including refreshments; proceeds for Church funds. If you are interested in this fascinating insight into the words and symbols found at the Church please email Elizabeth.crofts@outlook.com or ring 07484 826128 to book a place. *Ridgewell village hall also has a coffee afternoon on the last Friday of each month to get villagers and visitors together. Coffee and Cake £2.00. *Plant Stall. booked for Friday 24th May.  Some plants being grown on but donations will be welcomed from 8.30am at Halstead Market. Stall manning as follows:  9-10 Joan and Carol; 10-11 Christine and Jenny; 11-12 Sheila and Joyce; 12-1 – Ian and David.  There will possibly be further sale if surplus of plants!  *HiB Quiz for 2019.  Friday 18th October.  *Collecting/Planting  will be 1st and 2nd June. *Open Garden. Have been told since the meeting that Emma and Rick Rengasamy will be opening their garden at Sandy Lodge, Howe Chase under the Yellow Book scheme on 12th May and 22nd September this year.  The gardens have won prizes in our Local Garden Competition and last year the open gardens event raised over £800 for charity.  All are welcome, small dogs on leads, and there will be refreshements on offer.

LOCAL  GARDEN  COMPETITON.  Posters will be placed on Town notice boards and entry forms are available from Halstead TC Office and Halstead Icing.  50 Certificates of Merit have been printed, and team have taken some to give to deserving Front Gardens (with an entry form).  All past judges have agreed to take part this year, for which we are grateful.  Some posters/entry forms are available, contact me if required.

ANGLIA  IN  BLOOM’19.        *New Sheltered/Care Home category. Anglia in Bloom has introduced a           RHS BRITAIN  IN  BLOOM ’19  new category this year and  Priory Hall  has entered!  This will mean that the site will have a proper judging, not at part of the town tour.. *Route Survey.  Thank you to team members who reported on sections of the route.  Meeting has taken place with BDC and areas of responsibility have been ascertained.  This will be helpful, and further discussions will take place at Partnership meeting..  *Badges. RHS Britain in Bloom judges appreciate name badges. Annie is happy to make badges/lanyards, please speak to her if you need either.  *Children’s Competition. Margaret T has several verbal entries – we await date of judging in order to finalise details.

 

WORKING  PARTIESFor all working parties meet at 2pm. on Town Bridge/Halstead Icing car park unless advised otherwiseTuesday 30th April – Deadheading.  Thursday 2nd May. Small working party at the Dr’s Surgery.  Tuesday 7th May – Road Runners’ Bed; tidy before Marathon  Thursday 9th May.  Dr’s Surgery working party.  Tuesday 14th May. Dead heading Thursday 16th May possibly at Surgery.  Tuesday 21st May possibly litter pick/weeding or begin to remove plants.  Thursday 23rd May Removal of plants/changing compost where necessary. (new compost is on order.  6 bags to be delivered to Weavers’ Court as required).

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:   *Weed Clearing Machine. was investigated and advice was taken from BDC.  It was decided that the machine would be difficult to use and other avenues will be explored. *Summer Trail.  Fiona could not attend the meeting, so this item deferred to next meeting.  *Notcutts Voucher Just a reminder that HiB has a discount voucher if required.  *David has spoken to John and Alison who will be happy to judge in the Local Garden Competition this year.  *Margaret T noted that Tim (HTC) has strimmed land opposite the Cinema and has weed killed.  Margaret and Chris both noted that there is a problem with grass verge growing over the pavement in Butler Road adjacent to land where new Community Hub will be built.  Drains in Butler Road Car Park are still blocked and solid.  Margaret also told the meeting that the new plant container at Courtaulds Sports Ground will be moved to the Bowls Club as there is fear of vandalism damage.  *Linda spoke about the troughs outside Oswick that are in poor condition.  She is also concerned that the staff there aren’t watering the plants sufficiently well.  Firm will be contacted to see the way forward.  *Joan spoke about shop at top of High Street (was formerly Tatty Broyd’s) and where the owner wants to put flower troughs outside or if not will put up some hanging baskets (new owner is a finance company).  Joan asked if there is any news on the new logo for HiB – none as yet.  Joan said that a resident of Bronze Court had approached her and Ian to ask if winter bedding could be planted in the two tubs at entrance to the Court.  Joan explained and the resident said that perhaps next year she will plant up the tubs.  Joan spoke about the ramp at Parsonage St. Allotment Site that is in poor condition (was installed by the PHAB group, not by H.T.C.) and said that judges should be taken down the steps to see the Guides’ site.  *Chris spoke about a poster for the Community Litter Pick events and will let Oliver have copy.  *Carol asked if there are any rings for litter pick bags – Joan and Margaret have one each and there is one in HiB stock.  Carol asked if all the HiB equipment could be brought to a working party so that anyone who needs to use it can take ownership.  This will be done.

 

.**********

There being no other business the meeting closed at  9.10  p.m.

Next team meeting on   Thursday 30th   2019     7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing.
All welcome

 

Contacts:  Margaret Eskins Chairman.  01787 269443

Julia Smith, Secretary. 0776 2587141 / 01787461806. e-mail jaygrey@btinternet.com
Joan Gibson, plants and working parties. 01787 473070

www.halsteadinbloom.org.uk        Facebook: halsteadinbloom.    giveasyoulive.com/join/halstead-in-bloom
join membership of National Co-op (Colchester

Minutes of a meeting 25th April 2019  7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing

 

 Chairman, welcomed all present and accepted apologies from those who could not attend. 

 

MINUTES of  28th March had been circulated and were adopted

NEWS:   *Perrywoods Visit.  Now confirmed for 25th September at 11am.  Party limited to 15 people, Margaret E is taking names..  *Halstead Flower Festival. Joan has plans for a Bridal display, with some potted plants and some gardening hand tools to cover the patronage of St. Dorothy.  There will be about 30 displays in St. Andrew’s Church and volunteers to marshall, serve refreshments, etc. will be welcomed.  Dates are 21st/22nd/23rd June.  Please let me know if you can help. Organisers are also look for other arrangers for displays in porches, windowsills, etc. so again, if you can assist please let me know, or speak to Helena Gee on jmgee1@hotmail.co.uk (please mention HiB). *Rivercare Conference. Joan and Margaret E who attended from HiB and Margaret T who joined Eileen Penn as Rivercare Halstead all enjoyed the day and thought it a worthwhile event at the lovely venue of Rutland Water.  *Living Sculptures. Anglia in Bloom has been contacted by a TV company who are planning a programme giving couples and pairs the opportunity to create amazing living sculptures and incredible works of art using flowers and plants.  If you are interested please contact livingsculptures@shiver.tv – please mention Halstead in Bloom. Cut off date is 31st May.  *Green Plan It RHS is looking for volunteers to mentor small teams of 12-14 year old students through Green Plan It 2019- to design a garden for their school/community. They are also looking for assessors for the programme.  Please visit schoolgardening/rhs/org/uk/greenplanit for more information. *Cake Stall. Margaret thanked all who contributed cakes and items to sell at the stall, which was very successful.  Amount taken for cakes was £121.40, goods raised £20.50 and donations amounted to £34.55 giving a total of £176.45 raised in all.  Well done everyone! *Daniel Robinson & Sons have offered the HiB team a tour around their new premises in High Street (site of former NatWest bank – and former Portway family home).  Sec. to arrange and circulate details. *Richard de Clare School will be holding an event on Monday 17th June to celebrate 175th anniversary of the School and they have invited a representative of HiB to attend.  Sheila G said that, as a former pupil, she would like to attend but now finds that she has a prior engagement.  If you’d like to attend as HiB representative please let me know – I have to give in names by 31st May.
EVENTS:
  **Rivercare.  Next event is Sunday 5th May.  Meet 10am at Sainsbury’s Car Park. *Next Community Litter Pick. Sunday 28th April and then 26th May. ALL WELCOME.  Meet 10.30am at Sainsbury’s Car Park.  *May Fayre will take place in Halstead Public Gardens on Monday 6th May between 2pm and 4.30pm.  HiB to attend with goods for sale and also planting sunflowers and nasturtiums.  *The Bull Hotel ‘Meet and Greet’ event on Saturday 11th May 12pm to 3pm will be attended by HiB with items to sell, display board and welcome messages! *Halstead Marathon will be 12th May.  HiB volunteers will be at posts 28-33 and should registers at Halstead Leisure Centre from 11am to be in post by 11.45.  *W.I. Coach Trip to Suffolk Show is planned for 29th May leaving Butler Rd. Car Park at 8am. Cost £38 p.p. including transport and entry. Ring 01787 582600 if you are interested in attending.  *Ridgewell Church Graffiti a tour of the church and viewing and explaining of this medieval artwork will take place on 15th June, 2.30pm.  Cost will be £5 including refreshments; proceeds for Church funds. If you are interested in this fascinating insight into the words and symbols found at the Church please email Elizabeth.crofts@outlook.com or ring 07484 826128 to book a place. *Ridgewell village hall also has a coffee afternoon on the last Friday of each month to get villagers and visitors together. Coffee and Cake £2.00. *Plant Stall. booked for Friday 24th May.  Some plants being grown on but donations will be welcomed from 8.30am at Halstead Market. Stall manning as follows:  9-10 Joan and Carol; 10-11 Christine and Jenny; 11-12 Sheila and Joyce; 12-1 – Ian and David.  There will possibly be further sale if surplus of plants!  *HiB Quiz for 2019.  Friday 18th October.  *Collecting/Planting  will be 1st and 2nd June. *Open Garden. Have been told since the meeting that Emma and Rick Rengasamy will be opening their garden at Sandy Lodge, Howe Chase under the Yellow Book scheme on 12th May and 22nd September this year.  The gardens have won prizes in our Local Garden Competition and last year the open gardens event raised over £800 for charity.  All are welcome, small dogs on leads, and there will be refreshements on offer.

LOCAL  GARDEN  COMPETITON.  Posters will be placed on Town notice boards and entry forms are available from Halstead TC Office and Halstead Icing.  50 Certificates of Merit have been printed, and team have taken some to give to deserving Front Gardens (with an entry form).  All past judges have agreed to take part this year, for which we are grateful.  Some posters/entry forms are available, contact me if required.

ANGLIA  IN  BLOOM’19.        *New Sheltered/Care Home category. Anglia in Bloom has introduced a           RHS BRITAIN  IN  BLOOM ’19  new category this year and  Priory Hall  has entered!  This will mean that the site will have a proper judging, not at part of the town tour.. *Route Survey.  Thank you to team members who reported on sections of the route.  Meeting has taken place with BDC and areas of responsibility have been ascertained.  This will be helpful, and further discussions will take place at Partnership meeting..  *Badges. RHS Britain in Bloom judges appreciate name badges. Annie is happy to make badges/lanyards, please speak to her if you need either.  *Children’s Competition. Margaret T has several verbal entries – we await date of judging in order to finalise details.

 

WORKING  PARTIESFor all working parties meet at 2pm. on Town Bridge/Halstead Icing car park unless advised otherwiseTuesday 30th April – Deadheading.  Thursday 2nd May. Small working party at the Dr’s Surgery.  Tuesday 7th May – Road Runners’ Bed; tidy before Marathon  Thursday 9th May.  Dr’s Surgery working party.  Tuesday 14th May. Dead heading Thursday 16th May possibly at Surgery.  Tuesday 21st May possibly litter pick/weeding or begin to remove plants.  Thursday 23rd May Removal of plants/changing compost where necessary. (new compost is on order.  6 bags to be delivered to Weavers’ Court as required).

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:   *Weed Clearing Machine. was investigated and advice was taken from BDC.  It was decided that the machine would be difficult to use and other avenues will be explored. *Summer Trail.  Fiona could not attend the meeting, so this item deferred to next meeting.  *Notcutts Voucher Just a reminder that HiB has a discount voucher if required.  *David has spoken to John and Alison who will be happy to judge in the Local Garden Competition this year.  *Margaret T noted that Tim (HTC) has strimmed land opposite the Cinema and has weed killed.  Margaret and Chris both noted that there is a problem with grass verge growing over the pavement in Butler Road adjacent to land where new Community Hub will be built.  Drains in Butler Road Car Park are still blocked and solid.  Margaret also told the meeting that the new plant container at Courtaulds Sports Ground will be moved to the Bowls Club as there is fear of vandalism damage.  *Linda spoke about the troughs outside Oswick that are in poor condition.  She is also concerned that the staff there aren’t watering the plants sufficiently well.  Firm will be contacted to see the way forward.  *Joan spoke about shop at top of High Street (was formerly Tatty Broyd’s) and where the owner wants to put flower troughs outside or if not will put up some hanging baskets (new owner is a finance company).  Joan asked if there is any news on the new logo for HiB – none as yet.  Joan said that a resident of Bronze Court had approached her and Ian to ask if winter bedding could be planted in the two tubs at entrance to the Court.  Joan explained and the resident said that perhaps next year she will plant up the tubs.  Joan spoke about the ramp at Parsonage St. Allotment Site that is in poor condition (was installed by the PHAB group, not by H.T.C.) and said that judges should be taken down the steps to see the Guides’ site.  *Chris spoke about a poster for the Community Litter Pick events and will let Oliver have copy.  *Carol asked if there are any rings for litter pick bags – Joan and Margaret have one each and there is one in HiB stock.  Carol asked if all the HiB equipment could be brought to a working party so that anyone who needs to use it can take ownership.  This will be done.

 

.**********

There being no other business the meeting closed at  9.10  p.m.

Next team meeting on   Thursday 30th   2019     7.30p.m. at Halstead Icing.
All welcome

 

Contacts:  Margaret Eskins Chairman.  01787 269443

Julia Smith, Secretary. 0776 2587141 / 01787461806. e-mail jaygrey@btinternet.com
Joan Gibson, plants and working parties. 01787 473070

www.halsteadinbloom.org.uk        Facebook: halsteadinbloom.    giveasyoulive.com/join/halstead-in-bloom
join membership of National Co-op (Colchester

© 2019 Halstead In Bloom

Website by Shane ExleyUp ↑